This extraordinary offer, which benefits Derek Jeter’s Turn 2 Foundation, brings fans closer than ever to one of the greatest baseball players in history and provides an unparalleled glimpse into the game day rituals of a Yankees legend.
In addition to an unprecedented sit-down with Derek Jeter, the winning bidder will receive rare and unique memorabilia including a game-used glove from Derek’s private collection and other notable property with certificates of authenticity provided to Christie’s courtesy of Yankees-Steiner, the official memorabilia partner of Derek Jeter and the New York Yankees.
Derek Jeter is the Yankees' all-time career leaders in hits, games-played, stolen bases, and at-bats. He is currently 10th all-time in career hits and is the all-time MLB leader in hits by a shortstop. Over the course of his 19 seasons, Derek has been awarded 13 All-Star selections, five Gold Glove Awards, five Silver Slugger Awards, and five World Series championships. He was also named MVP of both the All-Star Game and World Series in 2000.
USD 110,000.00 - 140,000.00
Game day for four with Derek Jeter:
• A private pre-game lunch for four with Derek Jeter at a Manhattan restaurant.
• Travel from lunch to Yankee Stadium with Derek.
• Behind-the-scenes VIP tour of Yankee Stadium courtesy of the New York Yankees.
• Pre-game on-field batting practice experience in front of the New York Yankees dugout at Yankee Stadium. Each guest can bring up to four items of memorabilia to be autographed by players. Meet the Yankees greats as they take the field to warm up for the game (Derek will be sure to introduce you to some of his friends).
• Four seats in Derek’s personal luxury suite to watch the game with the Jeter Family
• Scoreboard greeting
Rare, signed memorabilia:
• A rare, game-used, Rawlings Professional Derek Jeter Game Model Glove, with ‘Derek Jeter’ stitched on the outside, signed by Derek Jeter, courtesy of Yankees-Steiner with accompanying letter of authenticity signed by Derek.
• A signed 3,000th Hit Canvas Art by Stephen Holland, 30 x 40 in.,, stretched on wood-backing frame, edition 4 of 9 printer’s proof, signed ‘Derek Jeter All Time Yankees Hit Leader’ with accompanying tamper-evident Steiner Hologram and MLB authentication #FJ858301.
• Three autographed game-used Yankee Stadium bases from the game attended (or similar as subject to availability) with full Yankees-Steiner letter of authenticity
The date of the experiences, including lunch and the game, will be mutually determined by the buyer and the Foundation, subject to Mr. Jeter’s scheduling requirements, health, and general availability as well as the New York Yankees home game schedule for 2014.
All proceeds from the sale of this lot, including buyer’s premium after the deduction of Christie’s out-of-pocket sale expenses, will be paid to the Turn 2 Foundation.
• Yankees-Steiner is the official memorabilia partner of Derek Jeter and the New York Yankees.
• Any travel and accommodations for the attendees shall be the buyer’s responsibility.
• This lot cannot be resold or re-auctioned.
Each attendee must:
• Sign the Foundation’s waiver and release form.
• Pass all required vetting, security, and related background checks and clearances.
• Accept and acknowledge that the Foundation provides no guarantees about any personal time with or access to Derek Jeter or his family, or any other ballplayer beyond what is stated above.
• Conduct himself/herself appropriately and adhere to any rules or parameters provided by the Foundation.
In the event the game-day experiences are canceled for any reason by the Foundation or Derek Jeter, the sole remedy to the buyer will be a refund for the full purchase price, inclusive of buyer’s premium.
Additional details about the pre-game stadium tour: A Yankees historian will guide you on an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of Yankee Stadium before the gates open. One of the highlights is legendary Monument Park, which memorializes the likes of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio and pays tribute to the living legends of today’s game like Mariano Rivera. Enjoy the New York Yankees Museum presented by Bank of America - a museum within a museum - which tells the Yankees' storied history through rotating exhibits of historic artifacts. View the display of 870 autographed baseballs from Yankees players, coaches, and managers. The museum features the locker used by Thurman Munson, rings and watches from World Series championship years, and World Series trophies from 1977 – 2009. Tour the display of historic Yankees photos on the Stadium’s Suite Level. Each image portrays a memorable player or event in Yankees history. Explore the stories behind the SAP Suite Level's most significant images.
The glove is worn, soft, and well-oiled; it shows indications of fielding ground balls, pop flies, line drives, and one-hoppers. The canvas art is new and in mint condition. The bases will be game-used and may or may not include signs of use, dirt, scratches, and cleat marks.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES DETAILS
Additional charges, including buyer’s premium, valued added, sales or compensating use tax or equivalent tax, any and all shipping expenses, including costs, packing and handling, any loss damage liability fees, and all other applicable charges will apply.
In addition to the hammer price, the buyer agrees to pay to us the buyer’s premium together with any applicable value added tax, sales, or compensating use tax or equivalent tax in the place of sale. The buyer’s premium is 10% of the hammer price of each experience.
You must pay the full amount due (comprising the hammer price, buyer’s premium, any applicable value added, sales or compensating use tax or equivalent tax, any and all shipping expenses, including costs, packing and handling, any loss damage liability fees and all other applicable charges) no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST) on 20 December 2013. This applies even if you wish to export the lot and an export license is, or may be, required. You will not acquire title and own the lot until all amounts due to Christie’s have been received by Christie’s in full, cleared funds.
Unless otherwise directed by you, and provided that you have paid in full, cleared funds by the payment deadline of no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST) on 20 December, 2013, Christie’s will reach out to you via the contact number provided at the point of check-out to provide further instructions. Additionally a letter of confirmation including instructions on how to organize the experience will be posted to the shipping address provided at the point of check-out. Non-payment:
If the buyer fails to make payment in full, cleared funds by the payment deadline, Christie’s will be entitled in Christie’s absolute discretion to exercise one or more of the following rights or remedies (in addition to asserting any other rights or remedies available to us by law):
(i) To charge interest at such rate as we shall reasonably decide;
(ii) To hold the defaulting buyer liable for the total amount due and to commence legal proceedings for its recovery together with interest, legal fees and costs to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law;
(iii) To cancel the sale;
(iv) To resell the property publicly or privately on such terms as Christie’s and the seller shall think fit, and the buyer shall be liable for payment of any deficiency between the total amount originally due to us and the price obtained upon resale as well as for all costs, expenses, damages, legal fees and commissions and premiums of whatever kind associated with both sales or otherwise arising from the default;
(v) To pay to the seller an amount up to the net proceeds payable in respect of the amount bid by the defaulting buyer;
(vi) To set off against any amounts which we, or Christie’s International plc, or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or parent companies worldwide, may owe to the buyer in any other transactions, the outstanding amount remaining unpaid by the buyer;
(vii) To reject at any future auction any bids made by or on behalf of the buyer or to obtain a deposit from the buyer before accepting any bids;
(viii) To exercise all the rights and remedies of a person holding security over any property in our possession owned by the buyer, whether by way of pledge, security interest or in any other way, to the fullest extent permitted by the law of the place where such property is located. The buyer will be deemed to have granted such security to us and we may retain such property as collateral security for such buyer's obligations to us; and/or
(ix) To take such other action as we deem necessary or appropriate.
You are about to leave Christie's site, are you sure?
Get the latest art news and trends right in your inbox