The condition of lots can vary widely and the nature of the lots sold means that they are unlikely to be in a perfect condition. Lots are sold in the condition they are in at the time of sale.
In addition to the catalogue description:
- the full sheet.
- the colours very fresh and bright.
- with the printer Rupert Jasen Smith's blindstamp at lower left.
- a long vertical, very faint indentation in the lower centre subject, presumably intrinsic to the paper, only visible in a raking light.
- a vertical area of faint rubbing in the right subject, visible in raking light.
- some other areas of very minor rubbing: in the lower subject; on the forehead of the subject; above the crown at the upper right near the sheet edge; and to the red background, faintly visible in raking light.
- a few tiny flakes of ink loss at the extreme sheet tips and edges, as is common with this print.
- a few handling marks verso.
- with paper hinges verso, with some very minor surface abrasions in places from the removal of old hinges.
- some handling marks and stray printer's ink on the reverse.
Otherwise in very good condition.