The condition of lots can vary widely and the nature of the lots sold means that they are unlikely to be in a perfect condition. Lots are sold in the condition they are in at the time of sale.
In addition to the catalogue description:
- with margins, the sheet edges trimmed slightly irregularly.
- a small spot of stray black printing ink in the lower left margin.
- various unobtrusive, very skilfully repaired tears at the sheet edges, including:
- a circa 130 mm. tear at right.
- a circa 70 mm. tear at lower left.
- six shorter tears (25 mm. or less) in the right margin.
- four short tears at the upper sheet edge.
- some other shorter tears and nicks at the sheet edges elsewhere.
- the sheet slightly cockled at the sheet edges, due to the repairs.
- a pale foxmark in the upper right margin.
- some small rust marks at the upper left sheet corner in the margin.
- a short, broken crease across the tip of the lower left sheet corner.
- some other, minor creases in the margins.
- a partially erased pencil inscription at lower left recto (Schiefler number, state and presumably a dealer's stock number 20397).
- small skinned areas at the lower sheet corners verso where previously hinged.
- a small patch of brown paper tape at the lower sheet edge at centre.
- various pencil inscriptions verso.
- the estate stamp verso inscribed in black ink with the Schiefler number L 304 II.
Otherwise as described; the subject generally in good condition.