The condition of lots can vary widely and the nature of the lots sold means that they are unlikely to be in a perfect condition. Lots are sold in the condition they are in at the time of sale.
We have sought to record changes in the condition of this piece acquired after its initial manufacture.
- The back softwood cover of the album has become detached from the paper.
- The lower left corner of the front softwood cover has become detached from the paper.
- The text on the paper title slip is no longer legible, and the paper slip is stained and slightly torn.
- There are small scratches and dents on the front and back softwood covers of the album consistent with age.
- There are small circular holes on the interior of the back softwood cover, measuring max. approx. 0.2 cm.
- The paper sheets onto which the painted leaves are mounted are discoloured around the edges, consistent with age.
- There is mild foxing across the album.
- The first, second, fifth and eleventh painted scenes each have small areas of discolouration. The largest of area of discolouration measures max. approx. 3 cm in width.
- On the second painting the supporting sheet of the concertinaed album has become partially detached at its upper edge.